Robert Welch 17cm/7” Santoku Knife
Buy this 17cm Santoku knife for all your slicing and dicing needs, the blade is wide and scalloped for ease and precision. For superior sharpness, the blade is fully forged from high-quality German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel with a hand-applied 15° blade edge.
Designed in consultation with professional chefs, this 17cm Santoku knife from the multi-award winning Signature range features a fully forged German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel blade with a full tang for superior strength and balance. The Japanese-style blade edge is hand applied at a 15° angle. The handle is made from tactile DuPont™ and is ergonomically shaped for comfort and to minimize fatigue. The RW insignia is a permanent steel detail of the handle.
A wide scalloped blade makes Santoku knives ideal for the precision slicing and dicing of fruit and vegetables. The scalloped indentations create air pockets, pushing food from the blade and reducing friction when slicing. The flat blade edge relies on a more singular downward cutting action, compared to the two-step slicing and rocking action of a cooks knife.
- Highest quality German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel.
- Hand applied 15° Japanese-style edge for superior sharpness.
- Fully forged from a single piece of steel for superior strength.
- Full tang for incredible strength and balance.
- Angled bolster for full use of the cutting edge and precision control.
- Hardened to Rockwell 56 for ease of maintenance.
- Ergonomic DuPont™ handle, mechanically finished for hygiene.
- Multi-award winning British design and a lifetime guarantee.
To maintain a superior cutting edge we strongly recommend the regular honing of this Santoku knife with a Signature Hand-held Knife Sharpener. All Signature kitchen knives are dishwasher safe. Supplied in presentation packaging.
Blade Length: 170mm